Sunday, September 17, 2006

Freezing Corn

Corn is fun, corn is fun to freeze. When farmer Bill gives you 75 ears of corn, you've got to something with it. I froze it, like good old country women have been doing for eons. Something I heard in the movie "Runaway Bride" which played last night on NBC. The announcer/character of a radio program in the small upstate NY town, Corey Fleming said, "Thank God you have the sense to live in a small town." This says a lot about America. Small towns, I think are better in oh-so-many-ways. Some people, yes, all you city dwellers out there, don't understand, and that's OK. Maybe you never will. I'm not saying I don't miss the city, because I do. I have lived in the two biggest cities in the world, Los Angeles and Chicago, so I know whereof I speak!

But small towns are less stressful, even though, living out in the sticks, I cannot order in pizza or chinese food! But today, I'm proud to announce that I "put up" 75 ears of corn, sliced off the cob, fresh from Bill's farm, where he says, "I don't spray my corn with anything". So, that would make it organic around these parts!

Fresh, wholesome goodness, how many times have you heard those words?

No comments: