Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Alice Neel - My favorite Painter

I think there is a painter in me, and I'm drawing her out! Pun intended! It's a conundrum, and tonight I'm exploring how much input to let others (my loved ones) give me about my painting. It's a tough call. Sometimes I wish I could paint in silence without any input, comments, jibes, discussion, talk or criticism from others. I don't take it lightly and I think I may have ruined a good painting. Oh well. There is always another one. I finally ordered some great brushes and hopefully they will come soon along with an Alice Neel book who always, always, always inspires me. Maybe a grant or two or three in my future. I know this, and it's from one of my favorite authors, Louise Hay: What we believe about ourselves and about life becomes true for us. I have tweeted this before but it is worth repeating. I found this on my twitter account, gloriart. Love, life and art, what else is there? Oh yes, FOOD!

No comments: